Re: GNOME 2.20 release notes

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 22:03 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:

> > > That does look pretty good, though we'd still like to get it all on one
> > > page somehow, instead of breaking across pages. Is there any easy option
> > > for that?
> > >
> > > And it would be nice to lose the empty "About This Document" page and
> > > link. Maybe I just need to remove the <abstract> section?
> > >
> > > Also, we'll need to add the www.gnome.org header and footer that we have
> > > now:
> > > http://www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/en/
> >
> > How's this look?
> >
> > http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/notes2-20/index.html
>
> It looks pretty damn good to me. I knew you were the right guy to ask.
>
> Was that easy to do? I'm going to be away on holiday for the next week.
> In the meantime, you should feel totally free to make any changes to
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnomeweb-wml/trunk/www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/
> to get this output.
>
> Otherwise, I'll figure it out when I get back.

What you're seeing is more or less the default g-d-u look,
plus a header, and sans a Wikipedia-esque border around the
content.

I'm attaching the XSLT I used.  All you have to do is:

xsltproc --xinclude -o index.html db2html.xsl release-notes.xml

(Add paths as necessary, of course.)  I'm not sure what the
http_root and http_prefix parameters were for before.  Maybe
for making and testing local builds?  Anyway, you'd have to
add those back in if needed.

The xsl:import line should probably not be hard-coded.  If
you look at Yelp, you'll find the configure.in has a call
to pkg-config to find the XSLT file.  It then AC_SUBSTs
this and AC_OUTPUTs its db2html.xsl from a db2html.xsl.in
file.  We could do something similar.

It also seems we'll need to set the path to the admonition
graphics.

We can do basically any style or content tweaks that are
necessary.  This is using the latest g-d-u, which is code
that I'm intimately familiar with.  (Caveat: the build
machine needs a recent g-d-u for this.)

--
Shaun