Re: LWE stand organisation

I don't know where to start, but if I can help let me know.  Lets get
the ball rolling quickly, LWE is coming up real fast :)

--Ken

On 4/19/07, Patrick Wagstrom <patrick wagstrom net> wrote:
Ken VanDine wrote:
> Perhaps we could sell shirts or hats... something i know i would pay for :)
>
> How do we deal with the money and taxes?

I'd like to second the idea of shirts and hats.  Last September when I
ran the GNOME booth for Ohio Linux Fest people were clamoring for GNOME
related paraphernalia.  They were all down with the mousepad and the
shirt, but bummed out when they found out they were "thank yous" for
becoming a friend of GNOME.

Maybe this is something we can look into for future.  It seems like
having some swag to go along with the event box would be great.
Unfortunately, a lot of times the volunteers running the booths don't
have the person resource to put up in an effort to design and print 20
or 30 t-shirts.  A shared pool than can be shipped would be awesome.  It
also alleviates possible trademark issues.

Part of that demand might be from the fact that I can't find an way to
purchase anything other than the T-shirt from the web site.  And the
T-shirt looks rather outdated with the old styling of the logo in the
box.  KDE has a nice link on the side called "merchandise".  I found
another site that has a hat for sale, but I'm not sure if they're
affiliated with GNOME or not.

To whom would I speak if I wanted to get the ball rolling on this whole
swag issue?  Ohio Linux Fest 2007 is but a scant 163 days away.

--Patrick