Re: The wgo CMS can't wait more

Hi, Sri!

On 10/26/06, Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com> wrote:
This sounds interesting.  I know that for my vision of GNOME Journal I
wanted to have translated articles so that we aren't just stuck with a
single language.  We are currently using TextPattern which does the job,
but not what I've envisioned.  However, I have not been able to find an
alternative short of a xslt/xmlpo/makefile system that makes it hard for
other people to learn.

Well, Midgard should be quite a bit easier than that :-)

While gnome.org is now going to Plone, you can still watch a site
being migrated to Midgard in the Maemo community:

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemo2midgard/

There we do the migration process in an open way, maintaining
conversion scripts and layout templates in a public SVN repository.

This one might be interesting for the GNOME community also because
we're migrating content areas managed by several apps gnome.org uses
like MoinMoin and GTKdoc to Midgard.

I know
for about two years or so you've been doing some GNOME integration with
Midgard.  What kind of stuff have you been doing?  I find that part very
interesting, especially if we can manage our web pages using desktop
technology.

For now most of the integration is on infrastructural level. Every
content object in Midgard is a GObject, we do database accesses via
libgda (in the new 1.9 branch) etc. Once the libgda stuff has been
done the next plan is to refactor Midgard's event notification
("article was changed" etc) to utilize DBUS.

There is also a Midgard object browser that has been written as a
GNOME app by Piotr Pokora:
http://www.nemein.com/people/piotras/mob-needs-name.html

sri

/Henri

--
Henri Bergius
Motorcycle adventures and Open Source Software

Skype: henribergius
Jabber: henri bergius gmail com