Re: Actions (was: Surveys at conferences..)

On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:47:24 -0400
Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:

> Eek, I suck- I didn't realize you were blocking on me for this :/ I'm
> not 100% thrilled with the proposed format (I think it is much harder
> to find certain pertinent information in the list than in the table)
> but you're going ahead and doing it, so go ahead and Do It- I'm not
> doing it myself, clearly, right now :/

Done.

Note I'm also not completely happy with the format but the table was
hard to read. The information was also spread across too many pages -
it's not that funny to click down three layers to find 4 rows of notes.

The best solution would be a database-driven website designed for
events.

> I'd note that conferences are a totally skewed audience with very
> specific interests/needs/etc. I'm not particularly interested in
> creating pseudo-data unless we are very clear and up front about
> understanding the limitations.

I'm not sure if I understand your concerns about "pseudo-data": All
marketing activities worldwide are based on data that could be called
'pseudo'. But that should probably discussed seperately.

However, since the Annual Events information is basically working, a
little bit of promotion about its existance may be useful now. ;)

Cheers,
Claus