Re: Actions (was: Surveys at conferences..)

On 5/9/05, Claus Schwarm <c schwarm gmx net> wrote:
> On Mon, 09 May 2005 09:49:51 +0200
> Dave Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:
>

> > Here's a short list of the stuff that's ongoing:
> >
> > GNOME Journal (Jim, Sri)
> > Upcoming conferences (Claus)
> > LiveCD (Luis)
> > Press contacts (?)
> > Deployments list (Dave)
> > Printed material (posters/flyers/t-shirts) (?)
> > Market research (?)
> >

> Please note that I got active for the GNOME Journal lately,
> and I don't know how long I'll need to do it. I just tried the other
> format of the conference list, and I'm waiting for the OK from Luis to
> clean it up.

Eek, I suck- I didn't realize you were blocking on me for this :/ I'm
not 100% thrilled with the proposed format (I think it is much harder
to find certain pertinent information in the list than in the table)
but you're going ahead and doing it, so go ahead and Do It- I'm not
doing it myself, clearly, right now :/

> If the conference list is working, it wouldn't matter to layout out a
> survey. It's indeed a good idea: We could do it on the web, too, and
> compare results to get an impression about differences in the audience.

I'd note that conferences are a totally skewed audience with very
specific interests/needs/etc. I'm not particularly interested in
creating pseudo-data unless we are very clear and up front about
understanding the limitations.

Luis