Re: evangelist users- the other key note from LCA marketing BOF

Hi,

Luis Villa a écrit :
On 5/19/05, Marcus Bauer <mbauer tiscali fr> wrote:
Some major flaws in current gnome marketing:

There are many :)

The major one at this stage is that we are spending lots of time talking about what we want to say, how we want to say it, and who we want to say it to, but we are spending a lot less time actually saying it :) Luis pimping LiveCDs is great, toady distributing over 1000 Ubuntu CDs (I only found out about this yesterday) in his college, to friends, family and colleagues, is amazing as well. We need more of this.

The Gnome website is - what? It exists. But from a marketing point of
view it is not much. The navigation is sub optimal. And the layout is
sub optimal. Some good information is now on gnomefiles but unless you
know what you are looking for it is far from perfect.

It should be totally redone. Any suggestions on how are welcome.

We can at least replace the front page more or less immediately.

Reorganising and rewriting content inside the front page will take quite a while - perhaps we can plan to have that done at a certain date, and coincide a rebranding/relaunching of the GNOME brand at the same time?

reality is, though, that it is a large task and until we agree on some
bigger-picture stuff (like markets, themes, goals, etc.) it is hard to
rework the whole thing consistently.

Yeah. We need a leader to say "OK, that's our market, let's not talk about it any more".

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary