Re: Tuxmagazine

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 04:07:00PM +0200, Dave Neary wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >>I'll get onto Denis then. I'll keep in touch with status.
>
> So Denis got back to me. He'd be happy to include a GNOME article a
> month in Linux Pratique. We haven't discussed money yet, or who'd do the
> translation, or any other details like that. But I think that's a yay.
>
> About money, what's our policy? Linux Pratique (Linux end-user magazine)
> pays for articles usually. Sri, would the money go to the author &
> translator, or are we going to suggest that it go to the foundation?

Thats really a question for Jim than me I think.  My opinion is
that writers should be rewarded for their work.  They could have
the option to put that money to the Foundation if they wished.
But anything to boost the ego of the writer is a good thing. :-)

Since the articles are all in creative commons payment is probably
optional but strongly encouraged.

sri