Re: Tuxmagazine

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:20:11PM +0200, David Neary wrote:
> >I'm really interested in pushing some of these articles to generic
> >magazines where we can reach our target audience.
>
> Which is...?

Which generic magazines?  Well, things like Computer Shopper or
a ZDnet magazine etc.  The ZDNet stuff might have restrictions,
I don't know.

> For the GNU magazine, RMS is a decent contact. He has tried to
> encourage article (and of course philosophy) sharing with the magazine
> staff before.

OK.  Sounds good.

> >>I have a contact in Linux Magazine France, who might be interested in
> >>syndicating a translation of a GNOME article a month - I would need to
> >>check up with him and get back to you.
> >I think having these articles translated to magazines like these
> >is great.
>
> I'll get onto Denis then. I'll keep in touch with status.

Cool.

> >>Is there anyone willing to start building a list of contacts for
> >>things
> >>like this, and spend some time knocking on magazine editors' inboxes?
> >
> >Putting together a team would be kind of nice from each country
> >might be one way to do it.  Inviting magazines to attend GUADEC is
> >also another way to get them to come to you. :-)
>
> A good start would be to get a list of magazine people and regularly
> mail them when gnome journals come out. The list might not be
> comprehensive, and it may well grow beyond what one person can handle,
> but we can see who bites, and figure out if it's worth the effort.
>
> So - do you want to take it on? ;)

Not sure as of yet.  I'm trying to only commit to stuff I know
I will be able to get done.  At the moment, my personal life is
somewhat chaotic.  I'll try to take a stab at it after I've finished
the personal stuff on my plate. :-)

sri