Re: Tuxmagazine

Hi,

Glynn Foster a écrit :
"The fact is, however, that KDE has the largest market share, and that
means the majority of our readers probably use KDE most, or use only
KDE."

Is this true, though?

Online polls consistently give KDE a 2:1 advantage over GNOME, but that is over the relatively small customer base of early-adopter alpha geeks (or whatever they're called) - the people who read free software news sites and things like that.

But it doesn't measure people using a free desktop at work, or in telecenters, or atr school, who may not know they're using linux, and certainly don't browse those sites that run online surveys on whether you're using GNOME or KDE.

I don't know if there's anything that we can do to change that image, or redress the bar, or even start changing that trend in online polls to get it closer to 60/40 or even 50/50.

It is a little worrying that an online magazine is almost ignoring GNOME...

Still, we didn't do too badly with GIMP, Rhythmbox, Gaim and Totem
articles in there.

Well, rhythmbox, gaim and totem got 1 page each... It's better than it could have been, but still. It really does seem like they're a KDE magazine.

Dave.

--
David Neary
bolsh gimp org