Re: Tuxmagazine

Hi,

On May 2, 2005, at 7:26 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 07:12:52PM +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
Do we have someone (nudge, nudge Sri) getting contacts in magazines
around the world for magazine syndication?

Well I have a contact of one person.  When I was at OSCON last year,
I was able to talk to a guy who was from a UK linux magazine.
He said he wouldn't mind doing re-publishing articles, and he
wouldn't mind even paying people who write articles for GNOME
Journal to write good articles.

Great stuff.

I'm really interested in pushing some of these articles to generic
magazines where we can reach our target audience.

Which is...?

I have also made some attempts to reach the GNU magazine folks
and the RedHat magazine folks.  But I have not been getting much

For the GNU magazine, RMS is a decent contact. He has tried to encourage article (and of course philosophy) sharing with the magazine staff before.

I have a contact in Linux Magazine France, who might be interested in
syndicating a translation of a GNOME article a month - I would need to
check up with him and get back to you.
I think having these articles translated to magazines like these
is great.

I'll get onto Denis then. I'll keep in touch with status.

Is there anyone willing to start building a list of contacts for things
like this, and spend some time knocking on magazine editors' inboxes?

Putting together a team would be kind of nice from each country
might be one way to do it.  Inviting magazines to attend GUADEC is
also another way to get them to come to you. :-)

A good start would be to get a list of magazine people and regularly mail them when gnome journals come out. The list might not be comprehensive, and it may well grow beyond what one person can handle, but we can see who bites, and figure out if it's worth the effort.

So - do you want to take it on? ;)

Cheers,
Dave.

--