slogans [was Re: College outreach?]

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:02:48 -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com> wrote:
> I'm going to try to come up with some slogans this week.
> It's one of those easy things I can do while I'm cleaning up the
> house/cooking/chores. :-)

Big picture, after some thought a couple days after our IRC meeting, I
want to use 'GNOME: the desktop of choice.' I think the 'my desktop of
choice' was a good start, but I think some of our strongest marketing
points are not about personal choices, but rather the depth of our
community, our top-level corporate support, our ease of use, our
accessibility, etc.  I think these are better served by using 'the
desktop of choice'- 'my' limits it to things I think, I want, etc.,
when we want to focus on how gnome is /the/ desktop for... foo, bar,
baz, usability, a11y, spain, brazil, sun, redhat, novell, etc.

Thoughts?
Luis