Re: College outreach?

Hi Sriram,

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> But we had talked about marketing to college students at various places
> around the world and I'm wondering if we've come up with the materials
> for putting this into place?  There has been a number of proposals, but
> I'm not sure if we made a firm commitment to use any of them.

No materials yet. I'm hoping to get some time this week to work
on some materials, I'm hoping that we can have something by the
weekend that's not ridiculous.

As to marketing to college students, that's definitely got to be
a viral effort. We'll want to start worming out of the marketing
team, find out who around the GIMP project is still a student,
and use them as seeds in their local colleges. College reps will
happen because we flatter computer club people by asking them to
rep for us. Maybe they'll say no, but we need to ask.

That would be a huge effort for one person to take on, but as a
two-level effort (with 1 person per country where we have
marketing team people interfacing with LUGs, who interface with
colleges) it could work.

A prerequisite is a liveCD (Go Luis and Ken!) and some marketing
materials (that's such a general term - I'd prefer if we start
using the longer form "t-shirts, posters and leaflets").

Cheers,
Dave.

--
        David Neary,