Re: [libxml++] patch to allow building without glibmm

Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> Another important point, of course, is that any new features are probably
> added to the latest version only, aren't they? E.g. I'm eagerly looking
> forward to more high-level XML schema support in libxml++ and I don't think
> this is ever going to be added to libxml++ 1.x, will it?

The 1.0x branch is still being maintained but you are right that no major changes will be added to this version.

The schema support was missing in 1.X but since you have the code you can add it yourself. It is, in fact, not so difficult. Never forget that libxml++ uses libxml2. For the best scheme support you will need the latest libxml2.

Darko