Re[2]: [libxml++] patch to allow building without glibmm

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:16:43 -0300 Darko Miletic <darko uvcms com> wrote:

DM> There is an easy solution for this problem. Just use libxml++ 1.0x. It
DM> works with std::string. I use it both on windows and linux and it works
DM> perfectly.

 In fact, as I wrote, I think that libxml++ 2.x works just fine with
std::string too. Again, I might be missing something but from reading the
code it looks like strings in libxml++ are used as just buffers containing
characters and their internal encoding couldn't matter less.

DM> The only drawback for this approach is if you need UTF-16 or UTF-32
DM> encoding. These are not supported by libxml++ 1.0x.

 Another important point, of course, is that any new features are probably
added to the latest version only, aren't they? E.g. I'm eagerly looking
forward to more high-level XML schema support in libxml++ and I don't think
this is ever going to be added to libxml++ 1.x, will it?

 Regards,
VZ