Re: [libxml++] patch to allow building without glibmm

Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
 One point doesn't make a convincing statistics, but I'm currently
participating in work on several different projects each of which had
initially chosen to use xmlwrapp instead of libxml++ just because of this
dependency. I'd like to use libxml++ instead but there is just no way I'm
going to make my project depend on GTK+ just because of this (especially as
there is no real need to use Glib::ustring here apparently).

There is an easy solution for this problem. Just use libxml++ 1.0x. It works with std::string. I use it both on windows and linux and it works perfectly.

The only drawback for this approach is if you need UTF-16 or UTF-32 encoding. These are not supported by libxml++ 1.0x.

Darko