RE: [libxml++] sax parser

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 11:55, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > eg... in
> > the <MESSAGE the "TITLE" comes after "TEXT", when using that
> > sax_example how
> > can i change the order in which it is printed because i would
> > like to be able
> > to print the "title" and than "test" in that order.
>
> The order of nodes or attributes is meaningless in XML. In the real world,
> it matters for nodes, so that, for instance paragraphs are in the right
> order in DocBook documents. But I would resist having a meaningful sequence
> of attributes if I was you. You should be presenting your XML as something
> other than XML.

It is not meaningful to XML or machines, but it is often meaningful to
HUMANS! If we are making a XML editing application--whatever it
is--where people might be editing some of the XML by hand, mnay would
prefer attributes remain in the order they originally wrote them for
some reason. In HTML editors, this is sometimes called "roundtrip" where
the tool attempts to preserve the integrity of the original HTML as much
as possible.