RE: [libxml++] Re: Threatening 1.0 again

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 03:23, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: libxmlplusplus-general-admin lists sourceforge net
> > > What is happening with the SAX API changes for namespaces?
> > I've had
> > > to add quite a bit of code to cope with them correctly.
> >
> > Nothing needs to be done here because, by nature, the SAX API
> > is not aware of namespaces.
>
> Do you mean the libxml SAX Parser, or SAX Parsers in general? I can imagine
> that some SAX-like parser might have a namespace declaration callback, and
> might pass the namespace prefix and/or uri for each node.

If the original poster is complaining about the amount of working
dealing with namespaces, I do not believe these changes would help
greatly. I have already pointed out how simple it is to determine/get
this information. The difficulty of the SAX parser, by nature, is the
management responsibility it places on the implementation. This is
something one has to accept responsibility for when choosing the SAX
parser.