Re: las-gnome Bad news update: venue space

+1 as well.  I think it would be quite difficult and stressful for everyone involved.  Instead I propose that we have an engagement and website hackfest and spend a couple of days working on improving things.  We have a GitLab migration also that we could also be looking into.  So, possible hackfests:

* Developer flow/Continuous hackfest
* Engagement hackfest
* Website Hackfest
* Every Detail Matters hackfest - great for students
* Bugsquash/Onboarding/Newcomers hackfest

The money could be used to set these up at Stanford or at the Endless office.  We can also talk about what we want in the next LAS GNOME conference and set up an infrastructure to support next year.

As for LAS GNOME, I think we are in a good position to start asking for money from big corps as they do their financial planning starting now.  We can use the next few months to start building the fundraising and outreach engine to make this conference successful.  Last year, we were just getting comfortable with the concepts around LAS GNOME, and this year I think as a team we are much more familiar with what's going on.

So let's make this negative into a positive! :-)

Cheers,
sri