Re: las-gnome Bad news update: venue space

Hey Nuritizi!

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 11:20 AM Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:

I've already begun to look into alternatives, but this raises a huge red flag and violates the go /no go rule #1: confirm venue space.

So, my question to you all is: should I keep looking for venue spaces for November, or should we plan on delaying LAS GNOME until next year?

If we decide to proceed, we'll need a new go/no go day, and I'll need help finding a venue space that will accommodate 50 people in the SF Bay Area. We'll also need to tell the wider community about this in a way that doesn't alienate any p

My current feeling is that we should postpone till next year.  It will be very stressful for the local team at this point to look for a new venue in short order.  Better to postpone and let you look at a much more leisurely pace.  I haven't gotten so far into reaching out that I couldn't readily say that we had some issues with the sponsors I have already reached out to.

One thing we could do is turn it in a hackfest and find a smaller easier venue since we probably have some initiatives that we can work on.  Eg. host a couple of hackfests in one place all at once.  Just a thought.

Sorry it fell through, I know all of you are disappointed by this.  We will carry on. :)

sri