las-gnome Bad news update: venue space

Hi All,

I'm really sorry to inform you of this update, but the venue space that we had hoped to sign last week is not available to us. We went from being ready to give credit card details to reserve the space one day to "no longer meets reservation requirements" another day.

How did this happen? I mentioned this on the call on Friday, but basically, the woman who was helping us confirm the venue space had her last day on Friday the 11th, and the new person helping us says that we can't use the space. Apparently, there was some kind of miscommunication between us and the previous staff member, and only faculty-related events are allowed in the space we wanted to reserve.

I've already begun to look into alternatives, but this raises a huge red flag and violates the go /no go rule #1: confirm venue space.

So, my question to you all is: should I keep looking for venue spaces for November, or should we plan on delaying LAS GNOME until next year?

If we decide to proceed, we'll need a new go/no go day, and I'll need help finding a venue space that will accommodate 50 people in the SF Bay Area. We'll also need to tell the wider community about this in a way that doesn't alienate any potential sponsors we have.

Sorry again for the bad news. I'll be on telegram or available for an emergency session / phone chat if anyone wants to brainstorm or talk about next steps.

Best,
Nuritzi

Nuritzi Sanchez  |  +1.650.218.7388 |  Endless