Re: new translation fr_FR

2010/2/11 Christophe Benz <christophe benz gmail com>:
> But I don't understand the difference between using the l10n GNOME
> platform (http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/kupfer/master/po/fr) and
> giving the fr.po file to you.
>
> For the moment I created a github repository with a "fr" branch
> containing my work: http://github.com/cbenz/kupfer/blob/fr/po/fr.po
>
> You can pull it to sync. But perhaps you prefer me to post it to
> l10n.gnome.org, I don't know.

github is good, more people should fork kupfer on github, it's an easy
way to share works in progress or ideas. If you have a fork there it's
easy for me to see when there is new stuff.

(Note for everybody: kupfer's mirror on github is
http://github.com/engla/kupfer )

I prefer commits that I can pick or merge directly though, if you are
done with a translation now, I'd do:

git checkout master
git merge --squash fr
git commit

To make one commit out of the fr branch.

Gnome's translation groups use "damned-lies" for reviewing
translations, so that's what you would use if you collaborate with
someone there.

Ulrik