Re: new translation fr_FR

2010/2/10 Christophe Benz <christophe benz gmail com>:
> Hi, Kupfer developers!
>
> I just discovered Kupfer a couple of days ago, and I liked it so much
> that I translated in french, my mother tongue.
>
> I used the tool of l10n.gnome.org to upload the fr.po file,
> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/kupfer/master/po/fr
>
> I also attach the whole file to this email, corresponding to the commit
> dc32bd62d9dccb71fc8f63050a3d6911c899c5b2.

Hi,
Thank you for sending in this full translation!

Since I think you intended to translate the application fully, I will
point out some small details

#: ../kupfer/obj/compose.py:124
#, python-format
msgid "%s object"
msgid_plural "%s objects"
msgstr[0] ""
msgstr[1] ""

This is a translation of phrase including a plural noun (called "%s"
here). I'm not so good at french, but you want to fill in the case
when there is only one object in [0]  and the case when there is more
than one or 0 objects in case [1]:

msgstr[0] "%s objet"
msgstr[1] "%s objets"

Same once more:

#. TRANS: This is description for a TextLeaf, a free-text search
#. TRANS: The plural parameter is the number of lines %(num)d
#: ../kupfer/obj/objects.py:401
#, python-format
msgid "\"%(text)s\""
msgid_plural "(%(num)d lines) \"%(text)s\""
msgstr[0] ""
msgstr[1] ""

And here you should put your own name (and if you want your email):

#. TRANS: Don't translate literally!
#. TRANS: This should be a list of all translators of this language
#: ../kupfer/version.py:51
msgid "translator-credits"
msgstr "<Your Name Here>"

You can check if you have messages left by using  the command
intltool-update fr, and it will tell you something like this:

$ intltool-update fr
486 translated messages, 4 fuzzy translations, 13 untranslated messages.

(Different numbers because I have added some more strings).

You can read briefly about using intltool-update here:
http://kaizer.se/wiki/kupfer/Manual/#to-update-or-check-an-existing-translation

You can also contact Gnome's fr team if you want, I guess you can
collaborate with them if you/they want to.

Best Regards,
ulrik