Re: new translation fr_FR

Hi Ulrik,

Thanks for answering quicky :-)

Le Thu, 11 Feb 2010 00:26:54 +0100,
Ulrik Sverdrup <ulrik sverdrup gmail com> a écrit :

> Hi,
> Thank you for sending in this full translation!
>
> Since I think you intended to translate the application fully, I will
> point out some small details
>
> #: ../kupfer/obj/compose.py:124
> #, python-format
> msgid "%s object"
> msgid_plural "%s objects"
> msgstr[0] ""
> msgstr[1] ""
>
> This is a translation of phrase including a plural noun (called "%s"
> here). I'm not so good at french, but you want to fill in the case
> when there is only one object in [0]  and the case when there is more
> than one or 0 objects in case [1]:
>
> msgstr[0] "%s objet"
> msgstr[1] "%s objets"

Yes, you're right. I award you a french degree ;-)

In fact I use a Vim plugin (po.vim) to translate po files, but it
skipped plural forms, so I missed them...

> And here you should put your own name (and if you want your email):
>
> #. TRANS: Don't translate literally!
> #. TRANS: This should be a list of all translators of this language
> #: ../kupfer/version.py:51
> msgid "translator-credits"
> msgstr "<Your Name Here>"

Done.

> You can also contact Gnome's fr team if you want, I guess you can
> collaborate with them if you/they want to.

Done.

But I don't understand the difference between using the l10n GNOME
platform (http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/kupfer/master/po/fr) and
giving the fr.po file to you.

For the moment I created a github repository with a "fr" branch
containing my work: http://github.com/cbenz/kupfer/blob/fr/po/fr.po

You can pull it to sync. But perhaps you prefer me to post it to
l10n.gnome.org, I don't know.

Best Regards,
--
Christophe Benz