Re: [jokosher-devel] Autopackage of Jokosher

Taj Morton wrote:
Questions:
How does GStreamer locate its plugins? Does it just look in the prefix
it was compiled for?

You can set system variables to tell Gstreamer to search for plugins in specific places. More info is available here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gst-running.html

How can I change the prefix that setup.py installs Jokosher into?

There are two ways to run Jokosher, locally and system-wide. This was done so that no setup or make is required to get an SVN checkout of Jokosher running.

To run it locally, no files need to be copied; they can just stay in the directory structure of the tarball. To launch Jokosher, just run the tarball-root/Jokosher/Jokosher script.

To run Jokosher system-wide in a custom path, you have to modify all the paths in the setup.py script as well as in the bin/jokosher script (which was not provided in the tarball).

From what I have read about autopackage, it is required to be relocatable so that the user can install it in their home directory if needed. I would suggest that you just run Jokosher with the local script and then everything can be contained within the same directory and no setup script will be necessary.

Laszlo