Re: [jokosher-devel] Autopackage of Jokosher

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 22:03 -0800, Taj Morton wrote:
>  I'm planing on creating a
> separate Autopackage of GStreamer (and its plugins). These packages
> will only be installed if the system doesn't have the correct version
> installed.

Cool. Question: if the system doesn't have the correct version installed
but *could* have it installed -- say, for instance, some GStreamer
plugins, which can be installed in Ubuntu but aren't necessarily by
default -- will it be able to install the distribution's version? My
worry here is that it won't, which means that later on if they *do*
decide to install the distro's version they'll have collisions...

I'd love to see an autopackage.  It'd make our download page a lot
simpler. I'll also build a bit of JavaScript to show appropriate
packages for distros if we have them and the autopackage if not, which
I'll then bung upstream to you guys (since I remember you were looking
for it a while back, unless that's changed).

sil