Re: [jokosher-devel] New runscript

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 10:43:46PM +0000, Stuart Langridge wrote:

> but I am the first to concede that it will make it easier. So, I
> solicit opinions. What do list members think about the idea of making
> a script to make it easy to install Jokosher 0.2 by getting and
> compiling gstreamer CVS *that only works on Ubuntu*, and just
> providing instructions (as we do currently) for other distributions?

I think that trying to write a generic script that will work for all
distributions is going to be pretty difficult and because it's a one-off for
0.2 (at least as far as ubuntu is concerned) then probably not worth putting
in the effort. So I'd say build an install script for ubuntu only and then
hopefully someone in the community will adapt it for other distributions. If
no-one else volunteers I'll have a go at installing fedora and trying to get
it going on that. But I draw the line at installing Novell under current
circumstances :)

--
John Green