Re: [jokosher-devel] Willing to do some work!

On 7/27/06, Jeff Ratliff <jefrat gmail com> wrote:
On 26/07/06, Stuart Langridge <sil kryogenix org> wrote:
> I'd suggest that we want to leave the wiki stuff so people can edit
> it, and then convert that to DocBook (perhaps with some sort of
> semi-automated script thing), rather than writing anything directly in
> DocBook.
I'm not convinced that there's an easy way to go from Wiki to DocBook.
There's just too much information missing. I automated a fair amount
with Vim macros when I did the Wiki->HTML, but Docbook is harder.

Yeah. That's why I said semi-automated; something which does its best
but still requires by-hand fixup. I agree with you that it's not
possible to do it perfectly automatically, so it's always going to be
an unpleasant manual process. I can't see a way around that (you can't
make structured text out of unstructured text) without demanding that
the docteam and all contributors write everything in DocBook, which we
don't want to do...

sil

--
Java sucks. [...] Java on TV set top boxes will suck so hard it
might well inhale people from off  their sofa until their heads