Re: GJS Status

No way ... the closest working thing I could do was following this page instead:
https://mohan43u.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/setup-gnome-development-environment-in-archlinux/

However, there is some module that **wants** Python 3, like the shell, and some other that wants libvala0-30 that doesn't exist neither in official repository nor AUR

```
Making install in vala-pack
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/webreflection/Devel/gnome/checkout/gnome-builder/plugins/vala-pack'
  VALAC    libvala_pack_plugin_la_vala.stamp
error: Package `libvala-0.30' not found in specified Vala API directories or GObject-Introspection GIR directories
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Makefile:850: recipe for target 'libvala_pack_plugin_la_vala.stamp' failed
make[2]: *** [libvala_pack_plugin_la_vala.stamp] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/webreflection/Devel/gnome/checkout/gnome-builder/plugins/vala-pack'
Makefile:537: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/webreflection/Devel/gnome/checkout/gnome-builder/plugins'
Makefile:653: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
*** Error during phase install of gnome-builder: ########## Error running make DESTDIR=/home/webreflection/Devel/gnome/runtime/usr/_jhbuild/root-gnome-builder install *** [101/101]
```

Following step by step **that** page I've managed to build most of the things and finally, eventually, happily, starting building via

~/Devel/gnome/runtime/usr/bin/jhbuild run make prefix=~/Devel/gnome/runtime/usr/

from within the gjs-documentation

Now I'm not entirely sure who's fault is that, but I'm afraid I wouldn't call `jhbuild` a smooth experience, it took less time to fully configure MacPorts on OSX El Captain and build gjs and WebKitGTK there without breaking a thing.

jhbuild on OSX also has been left there ... but at this point I wonder:
  1. why there's no MacPort (or Homebrew) to bring jhbuild already configured on Mac ?
  2. why doesn't ArchWiki points at that page or at this AUR package (that IMO  didn't work anyway?) https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/jhbuild/
  3. how come sanitize check keeps failing with automake when I have 1.15 installed and apparently is not greater or equal than 1.10?
Other questions I might try to answer myself, some bug or doc update to file, and other things to think about, right now I'm quite happy I've finally seen the light.

Best Regards and thanks for all attempts and hints