Re: Tagging hildon packages

Hi,

Em Seg, 2007-10-15 �14:25 +0300, Tommi Komulainen escreveu:
> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 14:28 +0300, Lucas Rocha wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to suggest something slightly different.
> >
> > >From 2.0 on, we should tag our *upstream* releases (no the maemo debian
> > packages) just like in GNOME modules. For example: hildon-desktop 2.3.1
> > would be tagged as HILDON_DESKTOP_2_3_1. This way we don't mix debian
> > packages tags with upstream packages.
>
> Once we move to gnome.org we shouldn't be having any debian tags there.
> In the meantime you could easily use 2.3.1 or hildon-desktop-2.3.1 for
> upstream tag as opposed to 2.3.1-1 for debian. (As long as the repo
> includes the debian/ directory the upstream tag is also a almost-valid
> debian tag...)
>
> But CVS_TAG_RULES? Hope you're kidding. Please let CVS die :-)

I'm just proposing that we use the same standard than GNOME. I don't
really care if it's CVS_TAG_RULES or whatever. The goal is to keep
things as similar as possible to GNOME for obvious(?) reasons.

Anyway, if the majority of maintainers prefer "x.y.z" tags instead of
"MODULE_NAME_X_Y_Z", I'm ok with that.

> > IMO, we should branch all our modules for Hildon 2.0 release with the
> > same branch name. My suggestion is that we all modules have a branch
> > named "hildon-2-0". Future development continues on trunk.
>
> Sounds good. In fact that's what I've been implicitly assuming.
>
> Branching comes with announcements to hildon-list, right?

Yes, I think so. I just wanted to hear from more Hildon maintainers
before starting.

Cheers!

--lucasr