Re: Tagging hildon packages

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 14:28 +0300, Lucas Rocha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to suggest something slightly different.
>
> >From 2.0 on, we should tag our *upstream* releases (no the maemo debian
> packages) just like in GNOME modules. For example: hildon-desktop 2.3.1
> would be tagged as HILDON_DESKTOP_2_3_1. This way we don't mix debian
> packages tags with upstream packages.

Once we move to gnome.org we shouldn't be having any debian tags there.
In the meantime you could easily use 2.3.1 or hildon-desktop-2.3.1 for
upstream tag as opposed to 2.3.1-1 for debian. (As long as the repo
includes the debian/ directory the upstream tag is also a almost-valid
debian tag...)

But CVS_TAG_RULES? Hope you're kidding. Please let CVS die :-)

> IMO, we should branch all our modules for Hildon 2.0 release with the
> same branch name. My suggestion is that we all modules have a branch
> named "hildon-2-0". Future development continues on trunk.

Sounds good. In fact that's what I've been implicitly assuming.

Branching comes with announcements to hildon-list, right?

--
Tommi Komulainen                            <tommi komulainen nokia com>