Re: [HIG] Mini-Guidelines content

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 08:05:57PM +0100, Calum Benson wrote:

> Since there didn't appear to be any objections, here is the list again,
> but this time with suggested names against some of the sections.
> Perhaps each of us could reply and add (or remove!) our names against
> the parts we're interested in writing, until everything has somebody
> designated to it?
>
> We can have a couple of rounds of this, I'm not suggesting (for example)
> that I wouldn't be willing to take on any of the other sections, or that
> somebody else can't do something I've stuck down my name against if they
> feel strongly enough that they want to do it.

[snip]

> Terminology (GM)

I'll be happy to make whatever contribution is necessary to make sure
the terminology section is coordinated with the GNOME Documentation
Style Guide.

(My introduction, since I'm new to the list: I'm a member of
the GNOME Documentation Project and one of the authors of, and
nominally the maintainer of, the GNOME Documentation Style Guide. I'm
one of the ones who has been grappling with the, uh, "great variety"
of terminology in the user interface as we begin putting the Style
Guide to the test of day-to-day use.)

Cheers,
--
John Fleck