Re: Bugs? [Re: Guppi 0.34.5 released]
- From: Jon Trowbridge <trow emccta com>
- To: Neil J Pilgrim <eennjp electeng leeds ac uk>
- Cc: guppi-list <guppi-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Bugs? [Re: Guppi 0.34.5 released]
- Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 13:24:47 -0500
On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 07:15:45PM +0100, Neil J Pilgrim wrote:
> Is there an /etc/gnome directory (or similar) ? This would hold general
> settings, and a user could specify extra/alternative plug-in directories
> in their own .guppirc.
Guppi follows the gnome conventions in this matter.
Architecture-independent files (like images and glade files) go under
Architecture-dependent files, like plug-ins, go under
This discussion has motivated to me make two (simple) changes to
(1) I'll add a way to adjust the Guppi search paths from the
.guppirc file. That you can't do this already is an oversight on
(2) If guppi failed to load any plug-ins on start-up, it should
terminate with some sort of helpful message. Since all
functionality resides in plug-ins, there is no point in going on
at that point.
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.
] [Thread Prev