Re: Bugs? [Re: Guppi 0.34.5 released]

Jon Trowbridge wrote:

> On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 02:42:49PM +0100, Neil J Pilgrim wrote:
> > A thought: initially I just did a simple './configure' and then 'make';
> > then I decided I wanted to install locally instead, so did a
> > './configure --prefix=...' and another make (*no* make clean) followed
> > by a make install. Perhaps this is the reason ? I'm not sure how this
> > would affect the finding of the .glade file(s) since it still installed
> > them locally (ie. in 'here').
>
> That would do it.  If you make clean and re-build, it should work.

It does :)

Does this mean that the file locations are hard-coded into the
executables/libraries ? I suppose that this is the standard way to do
it, but I always assumed that it was only the 'make install' that
depended upon the install locations. This is based on the 'compile &
build it' then 'install it anywhere' principle that comes from a DOS
background, but again the files are more spread-out on a linux/UNIX
system I suppose.

--
Neil