Re: Bugs? [Re: Guppi 0.34.5 released]

Jon Trowbridge wrote:

> On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 08:52:31PM +0100, Neil J Pilgrim wrote:
> > Well I don't get any of the "Loaded plug-in" lines, so that is the
> > problem. Now to the solution! I'm using LD_LIBRARY_PATH as
> >
> > PREFIX/lib/guppi/plug-ins/0.34.5:PREFIX/lib
> >
> > where prefix is my 'here' directory (substituted to make the above
> > simpler). The first bit was only included just now, but seems to have
> > made no difference :(
>
> For loading plug-ins, LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't matter.  You can,
> however, set GUPPI_PLUGIN_PATH.
>
> By default, Guppi searches for plug-ins in:
> 1) ../../plug-ins  (This is for convenience during developing, since it
>    will do the right thing when not installed if guppi is run from
>    inside of src/guppi)
> 2) The environment variable GUPPI_PLUGIN_PATH
> 3) From the directories specified in the C preprocessor variable
>    GUPPI_PLUGIN_DIR.  This should be PREFIX/share/guppi/plug-ins/VERSION.
>    (I think I got this wrong in a previous e-mail.)  You can grep for it
>    in the Makefile in src/libguppiuseful to be sure.

I tried to do this, but it then complained about being unable to find a
.glade file (delimited-importer) when I tried importing some data.
GUPPI_GLADE_PATH or somesuch ?

> So if it doesn't work when you set GUPPI_PLUGIN_PATH, cd into
> src/guppi and run from there.  If *that* doesn't work, maybe your
> plug-ins didn't build properly after all...

That worked :) I did get worried after trying to run the
currently-installed version by mistake though ;)

Nice axes ;) and as always I'm impressed by the rendering of the graphs
:D

Any thoughts on menu's for customisation yet ? ISTR a graphing package
which used an OO approach to graph-construction, where you could display
a tree showing a hierarchy of different items on the plot; perhaps even
modify the properties of the particular element by
double-/right-clicking on that object in a separate window maybe ? Or
have it in a dynamically-changing menu where going to a particular
menu-item goes to properties for that item - though this would disallow
selecting multiple items to modify at once...
</random thoughts>

--
Neil