Re: [gugmasters] Local User Group

Emily,

Thank you for your help. I'm really excited to get started! I will be emailing Christer right now.

Best regards,

Steven Mautone
steven inverted com
http://www.inverted.com
(917) 512-9694

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:52 AM, Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com> wrote:
Hi Steven,

Great to hear that you are interested in building a GNOME USA users group.

For the domain name, it will be easier to get domain name like:
usa.gnome.org

you can contact GNOME admin to get  the domain name :Christer Edwards <cedwards gnome org>

Also, apply for a mail list and start a IRC channel will also be very helpful.
For example:
mail list : gnome-usa-list gnome org
IRC: #USA

We don't have maillist and IRC for USA community yet, you can apply for it now.

-Emily

I would like to officially propose that I build gnome-usa.org
<http://gnome-usa.org> into a community that helps market the

documentation and features that make GNOME a great open source desktop
option while at the same time providing a community for users to discuss
their GNOME usage.

This sounds like a good idea, but some discussion is probably needed
before picking a domain name.  Should we use http://gnome-usa.org or
http://user.gnome.org/usa/?  Should User Groups websites just live on
the GNOME User Group Wiki where they might be easier to maintain?

 http://live.gnome.org/UserGroups

I am not fully clear how you want to get involved.  Perhaps your desire to get involved could be fulfilled by just getting involved and helping
to maintain this Wiki, or a USA specific sub-page?