Re: [guadec-local] Administrivia: Please unsubscribe if you do not want to assist with GUADEC 2010

Most relevant formal discussion about GUADEC organization should be done
in guadec-planning, which is not a public list.

Guadec-list is a more like English language general use mailing list
where discussion about non-formal things being held. (in this case
banner discussion is more suitable for guadec-list I believe).

Guadec-local should be a place used by local people getting involved
since language of this list would not be necessarily English. This list
indeed should be useless for non-local people.

I'm not in favor of ditching guadec-local completely either. Since even
if it's not used this year (or in previous years) it might have a good
use in this year and future.

But if you want to carry on general discussion in guadec-local, you'd
better move them to guadec-list. On that list you'd get much more useful
feedback (unfortunately if any) from the general community. That's why I
raised this topic.

I'm the admin of guadec-list. And might be still admin of guadec-local
as well. Olav can take over them as needed.

At the end of the day, how and when you use those lists are totally up
to you guys.

Regards,
Baris.

PS: My late Congratulations and Good Luck wishes! :)