Re: [guadec-local] Logo GUADEC 2010

Hi,

Le mardi 08 décembre 2009, à 13:00 +0100, peterm mandrivaclub nl a écrit :
> Dear members of the Board,
>
> I am involved in supplying GUADEC 2010 with graphics, etc.
>
> I made a logo for GUADEC 2010 and would like to know if it is ok to
> use the GNOME logo this way?
>
> You can find my design at:
> http://picasaweb.google.com/pmathijssen/Guadec2010#5411814142292813762

Hrm, a while ago, there was a contest to create a GUADEC logo that
wouldn't change over time. See
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/guadec-list/2005-December/msg00031.html

So changing the logo would probably require some discussion -- on
guadec-list or on foundation-list, I would think. I'm not opposed to
this idea; just pointing this out.

To reply to your question, though: we usually try to avoid tweaking the
logo, but sometimes it makes sense. In this specific case, I'm not
convinced having the toes in yellow and the rest in green would be
good. Rotating could probably be okay.

Note that http://live.gnome.org/BrandGuidelines should contain this
information :-)

Cheers,