Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC registration site - design improvements

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:36 PM, Nuritzi Sanchez
<nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:
Hey,

What do you guys think about the idea of adding the option of social media
links (linkedin, twitter) at the time of registration so that people can
network a bit more before and after the conference? It was a suggestion made
by one of the new attendees at GUADEC 2016.

What do you guys think about something like that, and how hard would it be
to implement?

To be clear, is the suggestion that we add a section to the
registration form for users to enter their Twitter, LinkedIn,
Facebook, Diaspora, identi.ca, last.fm and whatever else?

I like that in theory but I think the devil is in the details (which
ones do we add fields for?); also Allan proposed above that we remove
the 'Show current registrations' option altogether, which raises the
question of how people would actually discover this info.

That said, nothing blocks us from adding this after registration
already opens: the regcfp database schema allows for storing arbitrary
fields (no migration needed) and the web frontend allows you to edit
your registration. So someone could add this feature at a later date
without blocking us now.

Sam