Re: [guadec-list] anti-harassment policy

Hi,

The majority of the board voted for the long version of the code of
conduct for GUADEC to be posted. We really appreciate all the work
done by the organizers, but people who voted in favor feel that it's
the board's responsibility to make decisions that affect the GNOME
community as a whole, and having the code of conducts for events is
one such decision. Our goal is to develop a similar code of conduct
that applies to all GNOME events. People who voted in favor thought
that explaining the rules and how they will be enforced is a good
idea.

Please post the version below, which includes a "short version", on
https://www.guadec.org/conduct The enforcement policy stays the same
on https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2014/CodeOfConduct - I'd like to
encourage people, especially local, French-speaking, and board members
to add themselves to the support team on that page.

The reason the board was included in this thread from the beginning is
that the initial policy said that people can contact anyone on the
board and because I wanted people on the board to be able to provide
feedback about the policy.

Thanks,
Marina

------------------------

Short version for the registration form:

We plan for a safe and friendly conference experience for everyone.
Please confirm that you agree with our code of conduct.

------------------------

Short version for the front page:

GUADEC is dedicated to a safe and friendly conference experience for
everyone. Please familiarize yourself with our code of conduct.

------------------------

Code of conduct

Short version

GUADEC is dedicated to a safe and friendly conference experience for
everyone. Please be considerate of other people in your actions at all
conference events. Please report any concerns to one of the contact
people below.

Long version

GUADEC is a welcoming and friendly event, during which GNOME
contributors often make friends and resolve to come to the next
GUADEC.

GUADEC is dedicated to providing a safe and friendly conference
experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and
expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body
size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of
conference participants in any form. Harassment includes offensive
verbal comments related to any of the above qualities, deliberate
intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording,
sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical
contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.

Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference
venue, including talks. Sexist, racist, or other exclusionary comments
or jokes are not appropriate for GUADEC. Such content and remarks can
be harassing to people by making them feel excluded by other
attendees.

Participants asked to stop any harassing or inappropriate behavior are
expected to comply immediately.

Exhibitors in the sponsor exhibit space are also subject to the code of conduct.

If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the code of conduct
support team members may issue a warning for an unintentional or minor
offense or expel the participant from the conference with no refund
for repeat or serious offense. If you are being harassed, notice that
someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please
immediately contact Alexandre Franke, Marina Zhurakhinskaya, or anyone
else on the code of conduct support team. These people will be
introduced at the opening for the conference and conference volunteers
will be able to help you identify one of them.

Code of conduct support team members will be able to address the
harassing or inappropriate behavior with the offender, provide
escorts, contact local law enforcement, or otherwise assist those
experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the
conference. We value your attendance.

We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues
and conference-related social events.

Contact information:

    Alexandre Franke +33 368 910 123, alexandre.franke at NO SPAM gmail DOT com
    Marina Zhurakhinskaya marinazik at NO SPAM gmail DOT com
    More names or code of contuct support team link to
https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2014/CodeOfConduct#Support_team

Other useful numbers:

    Emergency number for police, fire department, or ambulance: 112
    24/7 medical assistance: “SOS médecin” +33 388 75 75 75
    Taxi company: "Taxi 13" +33 388 36 13 13

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Ekaterina Gerasimova