Re: [guadec-list] anti-harassment policy

On 7 July 2014 05:44, Marina Zhurakhinskaya <marinazik gmail com> wrote:
GUADEC is a welcoming and friendly event, during which GNOME
contributors often become friends and make resolves to come to the
next one. The behaviors outlined in this policy do not commonly
happen, but are spelled out to help ensure all attendees have the same
expectation of a safe and friendly environment.

This helps, but what about merging it into the next one to make things
more positive?
Like insisting that we want to keep the environment friendly for
everyone, and as part of it we don't tolerate harassment, then give
the specific examples and finish on the punishment.

I feel it would be much less aggressive like I organized it below (I
believe I didn't drop anything that wasn't repeated but may have made
some mistake while moving things around):

=====

GUADEC is a welcoming and friendly event, during which GNOME
contributors often become friends and make resolves to come to the
next one.

GUADEC is dedicated to providing a safe and friendly environment for
everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual
orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or
religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in
any form.

Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability,
physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, sexual images in
public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing
photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other
events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual
attention.

Exhibitors in the sponsor exhibit space are also subject to the
anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use
sexualized images, activities, or other material.

If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference
organizers may issue a warning for an unintentional or minor offence
or expel the participant from the conference with no refund for repeat
or serious offence.

If you are being harassed, notice that someone
else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please immediately
contact Alexandre Franke, Marina Zhurakhinskaya, anyone on the GUADEC
organizing team, or anyone on the GNOME board of directors. These
people will be introduced at the opening for the conference and
conference volunteers will be able to help you identify one of them.

=====