Re: [guadec-list] Draft Talk Schedule

Hi,

Allan, thank you for working on this!

There are currently 27 interns planning to come to GUADEC. While this
number might change, we need 1 hour and 30 minutes or 1 hour and 45
minutes to be able to allocate 3 minutes per talk. Could you please
schedule the interns' lightning talks session until 18:30?

I would like to host a newcomers workshop on the first day of the
conference - to orient the newcomers to the GNOME community, help
people with other systems set up a virtual environment with GNOME, and
help people learn the process of contributing to GNOME (filing a bug,
making a patch). I've sent in a proposal for this workshop, and didn't
hear back one way or another about it. Is there a third room that can
be used for such a workshop? In that case, I'd like to propose doing
it as a third option 13:30-15:15 on Saturday.

Another concern I have is that both "Documents and Photos: a content
application update" and "Corebird: A Twitter's client's open source
journey through GNOME land" are good talks for new application
developers, and it's best not to schedule them against each other.
Perhaps we can swap "Corebird" and "Virtual machine management made
easy".

Thanks,
Marina