Re: [guadec-list] Registration form, next steps

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:23 AM, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
On 06/16/2014 05:58 AM, Marina Zhurakhinskaya wrote:

Hi Andreas,

I can't access this page, so I'm not sure if the form already has a
question about gender. Please include one with options

- Male
- Female
- Other
- Prefer not to say

The page is still marked as draft, so only admins can access it.
However, here is a screenshot http://pbrd.co/1hZX82j
The gender field is freeform and optional.

This is fine, though it might be a little trickier to sort through the
results. E.g. some people would say "male' and some would say "man".
If you'd like to leave it as a free form field so that it takes up
less space, perhaps you can have some hint in it. E.g - "optional:
male, female, genderqueer, etc."

Could you also add Location? The hint for that could be "optional:
your current city and country of residence". This would help us learn
how many people are local, how many are from France and Germany, and
what other countries in and outside Europe are represented.

Thanks,
Marina

- Andreas