Re: [guadec-list] Keynote speakers brainstorming

Hey,

I don't think he meant it in a negative or rude way. I am pretty sure that Karen and Lennart have important things to say about GNOME, but I also think that they have more than this opportunity to say it, and also its possible that some of us are familiar with what they might be saying, since we work with them in the GNOME community. As a community they always kind of have out attention.

I agree with Dave here that this would be a good opportunity to look at GNOME's (and its technologies) place in the larger ecosystem such as the cloud or maybe wearable computing. GUADEC could introduce us to things that most of us in the community are not exposed to, but could find a potential place for GNOME.

Try to be positive in replying and keep in mind "always assume the other person means well".

Cheers
Seif

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> This year, I would love to see a talk on GNOME's place in the larger
> ecosystem of computing today. Someone like Stephen O'Grady presenting
> the potential axes of development for desktop Linux in a cloudy world.
>
> In short, we will have plenty of community members talking to each other
> - even in the keynotes. I see one or two keynotes per year when we
> choose not to navel gaze or preach to the choir to be a good thing.

Both Karen and Lennart have important things to say about GNOME's
wider significance and the challenges ahead. I find your assertion
that this would be navel gazing to be a pretty rude.

Allan