Re: [guadec-list] Keynote speakers brainstorming

---
Florian Nadge, GUADEC 2013
GUADEC c/o Red Hat| Purkynova 71/99| 61200 Brno| tel: +420 603 764 858
Anne Gentle is indeed a great choice choice for the keynotes. I met her in Cincinnati and found her to be a highly intelligent and fun-to-listen speaker.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 6:09 AM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
On Sun, April 7, 2013 3:41 pm, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04/07/2013 04:03 PM, Karen Sandler wrote:
>> On Wed, April 3, 2013 11:26 am, Joaquim Rocha wrote:
>>> I remember Karen knew Chris DiBona. Karen, is that right?
>>
>> yep!
>>>
>>> I haven't attended any Ryan's talks but I love the theme so +1 from my
>>> side.
>>>
>> I haven't had time to watch this yet, but here's a link to one of his
>> talks:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkvDhdK0HAE
>
> No thoughts on my various suggestions (Anne Gentle, Pia Waugh, Leslie
> Hawthorn, Hilary Mason)? I know someone who knows Hilary pretty well, I
> think (right Karen? ;-) ) and I know all of the others - if there's
> interest.

Has anyone seen them speak? I think Pia's awesome. I like Anne too but
have never seen her speak. I see that she's got a few things on youtube
that I'll check out. I love Leslie, but if we're getting a RH speaker
there might be others that I'd choose first for GUADEC from our previous
brainstorming. With Hilary, I'd love for her to speak if she would tailor
her talk to GNOME (like Jacob did). I'm going to ask my "inside track"
about it :)

Great suggestions, Dave! As you know, we'll need a lot of ideas to get
four solid speakers who can actually make it.
karen