Re: [guadec-list] Keynote speakers brainstorming

On Sun, April 7, 2013 3:41 pm, Dave Neary wrote:
Hi,

On 04/07/2013 04:03 PM, Karen Sandler wrote:
On Wed, April 3, 2013 11:26 am, Joaquim Rocha wrote:
I remember Karen knew Chris DiBona. Karen, is that right?

yep!

I haven't attended any Ryan's talks but I love the theme so +1 from my
side.

I haven't had time to watch this yet, but here's a link to one of his
talks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkvDhdK0HAE

No thoughts on my various suggestions (Anne Gentle, Pia Waugh, Leslie
Hawthorn, Hilary Mason)? I know someone who knows Hilary pretty well, I
think (right Karen? ;-) ) and I know all of the others - if there's
interest.

Has anyone seen them speak? I think Pia's awesome. I like Anne too but
have never seen her speak. I see that she's got a few things on youtube
that I'll check out. I love Leslie, but if we're getting a RH speaker
there might be others that I'd choose first for GUADEC from our previous
brainstorming. With Hilary, I'd love for her to speak if she would tailor
her talk to GNOME (like Jacob did). I'm going to ask my "inside track"
about it :)

Great suggestions, Dave! As you know, we'll need a lot of ideas to get
four solid speakers who can actually make it.
karen

Cheers,
Dave.

--