Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC sponsor brochure: GNOME.Asia pack

O Sáb, 24-03-2012 ás 11:39 -0700, Germán Póo-Caamaño escribiu:
> On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 19:07 +0100, William from Texas wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com> wrote:
> > >
> > > William from Texas:
> > >
> > > Looks really good to me.  Two minor comments:
> > >
> > > 1. Item #3 in terms & conditions on page 7 says we only accept euros or
> > >   USD for GUADEC, and only USD or HK$ (Hong Kong) for GNOME.Asia.  It
> > >   says we will accept other currencies if we agree.
> > >
> > >   Wouldn't it just make the most sense to just say that we'd
> > >   accept funding for any of these events in euros, USD or HK$?
> > >   I'd think that's what we'd do anyway since we are already
> > >   planning to handle all these currencies in the coming sponsorship
> > >   year, and it seems less complicated to just say so.
> > Not sure how it would change things, though I feel there's a
> > difference between the two. Sure we can agree on a different currency,
> > but these are the ones we've agreed to be set-up to accept. Anyone a
> > here a Treasurer to give a say?
> I am not the treasure, but I do not see any problem.  AFAIU, HK$ was
> added to make the sponsor easier for local/Asian sponsors.  Nobody
> sponsoring only GUADEC will pay in HK$.
> If GNOME Foundation receives the funds, the currency will be converted
> and we will receive the funds in US dollars (with a fee).

For GNOME Hispano the funds will be received in an Euros account,
payments in US dollars will simply have the cost of the currency
conversion.

> > > 2. On the form on page 8 you instruct people to FAX the form to
> > >   a number.  The GNOME Foundation does not have a public FAX
> > >   number, so I recommend removing this.  Perhaps we should point them
> > >   to a web page with instructions instead?  This way the instructions
> > >   could change as we improve them over time.
> > >
> > >   The address they should use is here if they wish to send it by
> > >   regular mail:
> > >
> > >   http://www.gnome.org/foundation/contacts/
> > >
> > >   Since it seems many people just contact us by email to tell us they
> > >   want to sponsor, providing an email contact to use would perhaps be
> > >   the most useful information to give.
> >
> > Contact also depends on who will receive the funds. I think GNOME
> > Hispano will do this for GUADEC in Europe, and maybe they have a fax
> > number? Txenoo said he was looking for solid contact details for this.
> > We also need to ensure out sponsors guadec org address is up and
> > running, though Karen will be dealing with a lot of direct sponsor
> > contact as well.
>
> email is the simplest and unique solution for everybody.  Also, it is
> easier to deal with spam by email than by fax.  If a potential sponsor
> really requires a fax is required, it can be given upon request.

Now the sponsors guadec org email address is received by Bob,
Williamfromtexas, Karen and me. And it is working now.

Regards,

Chema Casanova