Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC sponsor brochure: GNOME.Asia pack

On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 19:07 +0100, William from Texas wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com> wrote:
> >
> > William from Texas:
> >
> > Looks really good to me.  Two minor comments:
> >
> > 1. Item #3 in terms & conditions on page 7 says we only accept euros or
> >   USD for GUADEC, and only USD or HK$ (Hong Kong) for GNOME.Asia.  It
> >   says we will accept other currencies if we agree.
> >
> >   Wouldn't it just make the most sense to just say that we'd
> >   accept funding for any of these events in euros, USD or HK$?
> >   I'd think that's what we'd do anyway since we are already
> >   planning to handle all these currencies in the coming sponsorship
> >   year, and it seems less complicated to just say so.
>
> Not sure how it would change things, though I feel there's a
> difference between the two. Sure we can agree on a different currency,
> but these are the ones we've agreed to be set-up to accept. Anyone a
> here a Treasurer to give a say?

I am not the treasure, but I do not see any problem.  AFAIU, HK$ was
added to make the sponsor easier for local/Asian sponsors.  Nobody
sponsoring only GUADEC will pay in HK$.

If GNOME Foundation receives the funds, the currency will be converted
and we will receive the funds in US dollars (with a fee).

> > 2. On the form on page 8 you instruct people to FAX the form to
> >   a number.  The GNOME Foundation does not have a public FAX
> >   number, so I recommend removing this.  Perhaps we should point them
> >   to a web page with instructions instead?  This way the instructions
> >   could change as we improve them over time.
> >
> >   The address they should use is here if they wish to send it by
> >   regular mail:
> >
> >   http://www.gnome.org/foundation/contacts/
> >
> >   Since it seems many people just contact us by email to tell us they
> >   want to sponsor, providing an email contact to use would perhaps be
> >   the most useful information to give.
>
> Contact also depends on who will receive the funds. I think GNOME
> Hispano will do this for GUADEC in Europe, and maybe they have a fax
> number? Txenoo said he was looking for solid contact details for this.
> We also need to ensure out sponsors guadec org address is up and
> running, though Karen will be dealing with a lot of direct sponsor
> contact as well.

email is the simplest and unique solution for everybody.  Also, it is
easier to deal with spam by email than by fax.  If a potential sponsor
really requires a fax is required, it can be given upon request.

--
Germán Póo-Caamaño
http://people.gnome.org/~gpoo/