Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC sponsor brochure: GNOME.Asia pack

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:16 AM, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com> wrote:
> Overall this looks great.  However, I do find a couple of things a bit
> confusing.  The term "GNOME.Asia pack" only appears once in the
> brochure and it isn't clear to mean what it means.

Will address this below.

> The website provides very little information about GNOME.Asia.  Don't
> you think we should minimally say where and when it will be and a
> URL and contact for more information?  A sentence or two about
> the fact that GNOME.Asia is cool would be good.  We could highlight
> that it is pushing GNOME and GNOME into new markets, and this year into
> tech savvy Hong Kong.   The growing Asian market is probably
> particularly interesting to many potential sponsors.

We can do this, but where on the site? For the moment I will add links
into the brochure.

> It seems a bit weird that the text explains that people can sponsor
> GNOME.Asia by itself if they want, but the "Sponsorship Application
> Form" does not provide any checkboxes for this option, nor does the
> text tell you what to do or who to contact.

I don't think the possibility to only sponsor GNOME.Asia should be on
the GUADEC sponsor sheet. We can provide links for this.

> My first impression was that the brochure was telling me that if I
> paid $12,000 for the "Platinum" GNOME.Asia sponsorship (which I
> thought meant GNOME.Asia package) that I could pay 5,000 euro more to
> get Platinum GUADEC sponsorship.  But this does not sound like what
> you describe below.
>

> On 03/19/12 01:45 PM, William from Texas wrote:
>>
>> After some feedback from GUADEC and .Asia teams, here is the GUADEC
>> sponsor brochure draft5:
>>
>> http://upload.williamfromtexas.com/download/GUADEC_Sponsor_Brochure_draft5.pdf
>>
>> The 'Big Change' here are the .Asia value packs on p6 and p8. GUADEC
>> sponsors can add +5,000eu to gain .Asia Platinum or Gold-level,
>> +3,000eu to for Silver and +1,500eu for Bronze. (There was a
>> suggestion for +6k for Platinum and +4.5 for Gold, do others insist on
>> this? It can be added if so, mostly removed for space reasons.)
>

> Why is there no foot in some of the GNOME.Asia rows?  Why do you not
> become a "Coffee break" sponsor at any sponsorship level?  How much
> do people have to spend to be this kind of sponsor?

Addressing above and here: maybe I will make GNOME.Asia value pack its
own table structure to emphasize it and provide better details. Right
now it's in with the Extras.

There are no GNOME feet in the extra section as these are available
but not automatic. e.g., Any sponsor may cover a coffee break, but
it's not included in any package, it should be discussed as an extra
cost. Platinum sponsors are automatically included as sponsors of a
conference reception (is this the Pro event?) and Gold sponsors are
automatically sponsors of a party. A Bronze sponsor may also choose to
sponsor a reception or party as an extra cost of their package. An
unclarity in my mind is the text 'at own cost' for these, implying
that all Platinum/Gold sponsors still need to pay extra for these
extras, although they have first right to claim these extras.. Since
this particular text was from previous GUADECs, is that how we've done
it in the past?