Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC Public Registration is Open!

Hi,

Koen Martens wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 02:34:39PM +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
>> Have I been unclear on this? I have from the start asked that people
>> could register for training through guadec.org, and this has been agreed
>> for months. The only issue (which I pointed out recently) is that
>> invoicing and payment must be separated from GUADEC, for VAT purposes.
>
> I think things have become unclear in the various emails back and forth. I was
> really under the impression that I explicitly asked 'do you want training in the
> registration site YES/NO', and after that I explicitly stated I would take it
> out completely, to which I have not had an objection.

It seems we have been mutually misunderstanding each other. It is vital
that people can register for training on guadec.org. It is equally vital
that they should not *pay* through guadec.org, but should be invoiced by
the foundation.

The question you asked, which I answered last week, was this:

"All i'm saying is that you indicate you don't want people to pay
through the guadec registration site for training, is that correct, YES
or NO ?"

And clearly, I do not want people to pay through the guadec registration
site.

> The training page would be on guadec.org, but anyway, we'll hack it in and pray
> that nothing breaks. I'll send you a preview url once it's in.

Great, I appreciate it.

> Of course, we'd need the training page online as well, because otherwise people
> would have no idea what they are registering for.

Yes, still working on it. Unfortunately I've been distracted by other
issues (like this one ;)

Cheers,
Dave.

--