Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC Public Registration is Open!

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 02:34:39PM +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Koen Martens wrote:
> > On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:39:57AM +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> >> Just to be crystal clear: my understanding is that you would have one
> >> more item for registration:
> >>
> >> * GNOME developer training (€1200) - <b>Early bird rate - available
> >> until June 1st!</b> (includes professional registration for GUADEC)
> >>
> >> Choosing this item will not go to the payment interface, though, but
> >> will instead get sent to Stormy & me, for generation of an invoice.
> >
> > Ok, that would require quite some extra development on the ticket system. I
> > don't like doing extra development on a system that is already in production,
> > because new development needs extensive testing, and there isn't all that
> > much time left.
>
> Have I been unclear on this? I have from the start asked that people
> could register for training through guadec.org, and this has been agreed
> for months. The only issue (which I pointed out recently) is that
> invoicing and payment must be separated from GUADEC, for VAT purposes.

I think things have become unclear in the various emails back and forth. I was
really under the impression that I explicitly asked 'do you want training in the
registration site YES/NO', and after that I explicitly stated I would take it
out completely, to which I have not had an objection.

> > Can we settle for a form on the training page that you are preparing that
> > is going to be put on guadec.org, that sends the mail to you and stormy? And
> > of course a link from the registration page to the training page, once you're
> > done with that.
>
> No, I don't think so. I really want people to be able to register for
> training through guadec.org.

The training page would be on guadec.org, but anyway, we'll hack it in and pray
that nothing breaks. I'll send you a preview url once it's in.

Of course, we'd need the training page online as well, because otherwise people
would have no idea what they are registering for.

Gr,

Koen